Akzo Nobel steps ahead with new technology for caustic evaporation
When Akzo Nobel invested in a new plant to concentrate caustic soda, it decided in favour of a solution with plate evaporators resulting in substantial savings in installation and maintenance costs.DATE 2019-06-20
Akzo Nobel steps ahead with new technology for caustic evaporation from Alfa Laval.The importance of good customer references in gaining the market’s confidence in new technical solutions can hardly be overestimated. Which is why Akzo Nobel’s choice of a plate evaporator from Alfa Laval is so important. Having the first plate evaporator for caustic soda installed at the prestigious chemical company adds valuable credibility and means a ticket into the market.
Akzo Nobel, one of the largest chemical companies in the world, operates in the fields of pharmaceuticals, coatings and chemicals. The company has 68,000 employees in 75 countries. Its consolidated sales in 1999 were 12 billion euros.
AlfaVap plate evaporators are specially designed for condensing and evaporation. They combine the benefits of compact, efficient plate heat exchangers with the low pressure drop required for these duties.
- The plate heat exchangers do the same job as shell-and-tube heat exchangers, but with much more compact equipment.
- The materials used in caustic applications are very expensive, so reducing materials use in the system reduces cost significantly.
- Easier maintenance.
- Very easy to replace parts.
- Flexible, by the possibility of expanding the system by adding plates.
- The Alfa Laval plate evaporator system meets Akzo Nobel's environmental demands.
We have direct contact with Alfa Laval for technical support and that has been going very well.
Technical Manager, Akzo Nobel